Holistic and conscious wellbeing is expanding into the mainstream. More people are trying and using these services, and they have more access to information about them, than ever before. It is absolutely vital that, as a holistic practitioner, you understand who your ideal client is, so that you can reach them and make a true connection.
Clients are savvy creatures and influencing their purchasing decision can seem challenging! You know what you have an offer will be of great benefit to them, but how do you find them? And when you do, what do you say and how do you say it?
Here, it's not about what you want to say, its about what do they need to hear, to help them resonate with your business.
By putting yourself in the shoes of your ideal customer, you can understand this better.
Your Client Avatar
A client avatar is a detailed profile of your ideal customer. This is not about your average customer, but someone you'd really like to sell to! They’re high-spending, loyal, repeat buying, referral monsters – which is great for growing your business!
The avatar focuses on a single person and outlines everything about them. Its not about making assumptions or categorising people into groups. The better you know your target market, the more people you’ll connect with, the more repeat buyers you’ll create and the more referrals you’ll generate.
Individual practitioners and small businesses benefit most from having their own customer avatar. You need to ensure that the most is made of your time, as well as your marketing budgets.
One of the most common errors is broad targeting of clients because:
- Trying to appeal to everyone, ends up appealing to no one
- Trying to speak everyone’s language, connects with nobody personally
- Attempting to reach everyone, ends in spending too much time and money and rarely reaching your target market let alone your ideal customer
Why is knowing your ideal client better?
Having a deep understanding a clearly defined Client Avatar will help you:
- Deliver and develop better services because you can anticipate your customers needs, behaviours, and concerns
- Better connect with your ideal customers through your language (service descriptions, blogs, ad content etc..) because you will understand their pains, pleasures, desires and wants
- Determine what social platforms they are spending their time on so that you know where your business should be present and active
- Be more effective in your advertising - your marketing budget will be well spent when you know where to advertise and who to target to maximise your exposure
What can you do?
Defining your ideal client is the best thing you can do to ensure you truly reach them and connect with them.